Re: [OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 18:01:25 -0500
I don't know why Canon did it but I see low ISO as an aid to bright sun fill flash. It may well have reduced dynamic range but that may be a small penalty to pay for getting the shot at all. You can maybe solve the problem with high-speed sync flash units but that produces problems of another sort... the flash range is pretty short because it requires a lot of flash power to fire the flash multiple times in a short time interval. Even so, I (grits teeth) am actually considering buying a Metz 52-AF1 digital flash for micro 4/3 cameras. It's regularly $289 (same as an FL-600R) but it's more powerful and has a $60 rebate from Bogen/Manfrotto if you buy by the end of January. B&H's site says by the end of December 2014 but if you download the actual rebate form you'll see it's January 2015. B&H error or big fib??

Dr. (don't say it, TTL) Flash ???