[OM] Speaking of warm places

Subject: [OM] Speaking of warm places
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 15:47:34 -0600
We leave on the 9th for San Juan, and sail on the 10th. It's our first
cruise on Celebrity (not our first cruise), so we're looking forward to it.
Two days at sea, then we dock at Barbados, then hop to St. Lucia, Antigua,
St. Maarten, St. Thomas and back to San Juan.

We're planning out shore excursions to maximize quality sightseeing of the
islands, with photography in mind. Needless to say, with 8 days and 7
nights cruising through the Caribbean, I'm going to be shooting a whole
lot... probably should get an extra 64GB SD card just to be safe.

I'm bringing the day bag with the E-M5, Panny 20, and the Oly 12-50,
40-150, and 75-300. I'll pack the FL-600R in case I need it on board, but
it wont' fit in the bag with the newly acquired 75-300. I was thinking I'd
just hang the case on the bag strap, but the "belt loop" on the back of the
case is just a hair too small to fit over the bag strap. Unless it fits on
my actual belt.... hmmmmm.... having fill-flash as an option on our tours
might not suck...

What I need to do is get a heavier nylon loop with snaps and have a local
shoe repair place replace the factory vinyl loop with the more useful one,
but not enough time before we leave.

I'm enjoying the fact that I can carry a body and 4 lenses in the light,
comfy day bag instead of the big, heavy bag I used to have to carry.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie