[OM] need router help

Subject: [OM] need router help
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:59:38 -0800
My faithful old D-Link 624 which I saved from an ignominious death in the free box at a community garage sale many, many years ago has finally passed :(

(respectful silence)

So this upstart Linksys WRT150N which I had in reserve has now stepped up to starting position. Now this router is no spring chicken either but given my situation in the backwoods it should be able to keep up with our needs. I could use some help setting it up right.

First off I changed the IP address which defaulted to the same one as the modem. Then set up the internet connection. So far so good. But now this eager beaver new router thinks it should be handing out the NAT assignments a job which the modem was doing just fine (I assume??) without any help from the DI624 (which wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer). That kinda screws up my network.

I tried disabling NAT in the modem setup and setting up the PPPoE connection and logon through the router but obviously I haven't a clue. Reverted back to Auto DHCP. So what do I do? I really need my printer back on the network.

Mike