Re: [OM] need router help

Subject: Re: [OM] need router help
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 12:40:42 +0000
In the UK most “routers” have a built-in modem or terminal adapter enabling
connection to a subscriber line.  They should of course be called gateway,
since a router is only that.  Lazy terminology means that it’s sometimes
difficult to find the right product, in a shop or online.

I’ve given up explaining to different people (but particularly my mother), that
WiFi does not necessarily mean connection to the Internet, or vice versa.

Happy New Year!

Chris