Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 17:47:13 -0500
Been looking at binocs, and noted these, which have many features Joan really
wants, are neither waterproof nor fog proof. I think that might be a real
disadvantage, even a deal breaker, for the Outer Hebrides. For that matter, the
coast of Maine. <g> No one seems to have any glasses that focus that close. The
best I’ve found are some brands—waterproof and fog proof—that focus down to
five or six feet. Quite a bit of difference.

Are there others out there whose mileage varies?

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal