Re: [OM] Wave Slamming into breakwall

Subject: Re: [OM] Wave Slamming into breakwall
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 00:43:58 -0600
> I saw it on FB—nice scene, but the E3 is showing its age, I think.

A bit. I'm able to clean it up a lot, but E-3 files are certainly not
nearly as malleable as E-1 files. The insane abuse that I can give an
E-1 files makes the E-3 files puke all over the place. I'd say that as
fragile as L1 files are, the E-3 files are much tougher to whale on.
But that said, when you can keep the files somewhere near "normal",
they are great.

Just to give you an idea of how seriously abused this file is, here
are some of the Lightroom adjustments:

Exposure, +0.83
Contrast, +100
Highlights, -81
Shadows, -100
Whites, +55
Blacks, -31
Clarity, +100

The spray got some additional adjustments of:

Contrast, 82
Highlights, -26
Clarity, 89

And then I added post-crop vignetting of:
Amount, -12
Feather, 100

So, yes, I'm abusing the file really really bad. It was also taken at ISO 640.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx