Re: [OM] Wave Slamming into breakwall

Subject: Re: [OM] Wave Slamming into breakwall
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 11:23:03 -0600
> Your adjustments are certainly extreme, yes. As for the E3—I had one back
> when it was new, and it was certainly a good camera in good light, but
> ultimately it is a failure in terms of delivering on the promise of MFT—way
> too big given the sensor size.

I'm doing a little (lot) of rework on this image. I think I can save it.

As to the camera size, itself, I have no problem with it. A pro camera
needs to have a certain size and mass and it seems about right-size to
me. It does balance well. Not as comfy as the E-1, but tons better
than most cameras. While I like the E-M1 for size/weight, it does feel
a little cramped for long-term holding and it doesn't balance as well
with big, heavy glass.

This picture was handheld with the huge Tokina AT-X 100-300 F4 lens at
the 300mm end. I did set the IS for 300mm and it did a pretty good job
of saving a handful of pictures. I'm getting blown around by strong
winds and it is very cold. Half the shots are either blurry from
motion or misfocus, but that's still a whole lot better than what I
could get before.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx