Re: [OM] Ultimately, the 9-18 wasn't needed

Subject: Re: [OM] Ultimately, the 9-18 wasn't needed
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 13:42:31 -0600
Chuck, You’ve got the right idea for a wide lens like that. When I finally jumped into digital with both feet, I got the then new Nikon D3, and the only lens I had for it was the 17-35, for me the ideal range. I used it in my professional work exclusively (industrial) and extensively in my personal travel stuff. I am a strict adherent to the "if you’re not photos aren't good enough you're not close enough" advice, and I don't think I've evver used it at the 17 end for a landscape, but almostexclusive at the 35 end. Now that I have the GX7, I have the Panny 7-14, and all I would change would be to make it a 7-20. If you don't find this to be your most used lens, you're crazy.

Remember of course, that with the OM's my favorite lenses were the 21/2, 28/2 and 28-48. Call me crazy.

Bill

-----Original Message----- From: Chuck Norcutt