Re: [OM] Californians are weather weenies

Subject: Re: [OM] Californians are weather weenies
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 18:05:44 -0500
CN writes:
Oh, my again! I just looked at the full size image I uploaded taken with the 9-18. At 100% there's a lot of red chroma on white vertical edges starting about 80% out from center. That obviously didn't get corrected in the raw processing. I'll have to watch for that in images where it matters.

Yes, as I posted previously no CA correction with any lens until the EM-1--supposedly only with Oly lenses but seems to work with Panny lenses at least for the in cam JPEG by some reports. Others may know for sure.
Certainly can be ameliorated in post anyway but DXO makes it simple.

Minimize aberrancy, Mike

From Ephotozine

"The new TruPic VII image processor combined with the new sensor is designed to give better noise at ISO25600, compared to the E-M5, and as well as better noise performance it does not lose as much colour saturation. The new image processor also provides chromatic aberration correction (a first for Olympus Micro / Four Thirds cameras), sharpness optimisation based on lens attached (when using Olympus 43 or M43 lenses), this also works to correct for diffraction due to a small aperture, and it also provides low-pass filter-less moiré removal."