Re: [OM] You know what I miss?

Subject: Re: [OM] You know what I miss?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 11:23:12 -0600
On 1/4/15 10:03 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Before committing yourself to the FP-1 I think you should download the instruction sheet and see what it requires to actually use it. <http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/manual/esystem/man_fp1_e.pdf>

Anyhow, there's a much cheaper way to accomplish this using an ordinary Stroboframe (or clone) flash grip like this <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/52728-REG/Stroboframe_310_635_Quick_Flip_350_Bracket.html> (caution: you can buy this cheaper from B&H with free shipping than some sellers on ebay). But to do what you want you have to put the flash on the left side. If the flash is on the left you still have full control of the shutter button and other controls on the E-M5 using your right hand. Since you already have a TTL cable you just attach one end to the arm on the Stroboframe and the other end to the hot shoe.

Chuck Norcutt
Thanks, Chuck.

Yeah, I was kinda leaning that way. I have a Stroboframe Press*T, unfortunately it's not straight across and is definitely engineered for right-side use only. I like the one in the link, and for only $18, definitely worth a try, especially if I can put it on the left side.

Thanks for the tip. I like this option a lot.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach