[OM] Website Rebuild

Subject: [OM] Website Rebuild
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 11:06:09 -0600
Just to let everybody know, the zone-10 website rebuild project is
back on again. I'm simplifying things a lot and dealing with the
reentry of all content worthy of migration. What a major project that
is.

Anyway, the advantages of the new site format is that it's mobile
friendly and adaptive to whatever screen size/shape/orientation use
use to look at it. I have a ways to go to get stuff over and the menus
working the way I want them to. This does not affect the TOPE2 site at
all. That's in it's own little corner of the world.

As part of the rebuild, I've been forced to enable advertisements on
the site again. I have to in order to justify the investment.
Otherwise, pull the plug. The Gary Reese Lens Tests remain a terrific
draw, and they get most of the page views. I was surprised to see that
the total visitor count is now almost 4 million. That does NOT include
robots.

I'm hoping to have it live by the end of the month.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx