Re: [OM] New Year's Day Images

Subject: Re: [OM] New Year's Day Images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 11:13:01 -0800
On 1/5/2015 10:48 AM, ChrisB wrote:
Unsubs defeats me, and I have no better name for that well-captured pair of
lights.
UnSub is US TV procedural show talk for Unknown Subject (i.e. unidentified
suspect.) Whether our FBI and/or other agencies actually use it, I don't know.
I used it as title for the simple reason that I have no idea who those people
carefully hiding behind the flora might be.The woman was blatant in hiding, the
man more subtle, but I'm sure any real world facial recognition program would
be defeated, but on a TV show, it might work. :-)

Got it.  I was unsure if they were being surreptitious or if it was your
composition.

All on me, for good or ill. I'm sure they had no idea they were being photographed, let alone that they would be magnified so much. I was just sitting on a bench soaking in the winter sun, and looking for stuff to photograph without any extra effort - and thought they looked mysterious.

It's not really a good camera for easy candid work, but people have no idea when they see a compact camera in your hands how great the reach may be.
This is the third camera I've had with GPS. All have taken what seems to me a
long time to find out where they are after being turned on, then run the
battery down faster than seems right. This one has the option to leave GPS on
when the camera is off and it just checks every so often to see if it has
moved. If not for a long time, it turns off.

This one pretends to have found itself more quickly than its predecessors, but
then proceeds to record what appears to be garbage for another minute or so
before getting it all straight. This was in part a test run, to see how all
that stuff works. It is nice to have the location, without the additional fuss
of adding it later from a track. But then, I do that ll the time for other
cameras.

The phone seems to know where it is all the time, geotagging its own photos,
and the tracking app comes right up with a location in a couple of seconds.
There are ways to geotag photos from a camera with your phone, but it seems to
be way too much trouble.

Yeah, my thinking, too. Just turn on the phone app. For those who have to post
their images instantly ...

Locationally Challenged Moose