[OM] Godox External Flash Power Pack Back Battery PB820S for Canon Nikon

Subject: [OM] Godox External Flash Power Pack Back Battery PB820S for Canon Nikon Sony Olympus | eBay
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 09:26:37 -0500
I sent an email to the seller of this Godox Flash Power Pack asking how one could actually get an Olympus cable since Olympus is only mentioned in the title of the ad. I got a reply back saying, sorry, we don't actually have an Olympus cable. But they haven't changed the ad.

So it appears to me that, for a professional trying to use Olympus or Panasonic m.4/3 flash gear with a high voltage power pack for fast recyling, the only alternative for *new* equipment is the Metz 64-AF-1 for Olympus/Panasonic <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=11071200&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi> with a Metz P76 NiMH high voltage power pack <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/429016-REG/Metz_MZ_53129_P76_NiMH_Power_Pack.html> which requires a Metz V58 power cord <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/482735-REG/Metz_MZ_5850_V76_Power_Cord.html> to attach to the flash.

The Metz V58 power cord was apparently named for the Metz 58-AF-1 flash unit which used to be available for Olympus/Panasonic but that version has been discontinued.

ps: If anyone is interested in a Metz flash unit for Olympus/Panasonic there are 6 models still available with rebates ranging from $18 to $90 if bought by Jan 31, 2015. I've been considering the 52 AF-1 which has manual and TTL modes + high speed sync (what Oly calls Super FP mode, ala Oly F280 flash) and the 64 AF-1 which adds flash controlled auto mode, a second small flash tube which always faces forward for fill when using bounce, plus the high voltage port for fast recycle. The 52 AF-1 is $210 after rebate of $60 and the 64 AF-1 is $360 after a $90 rebate.

pps: Metz flash model numbers are the guide number in meters at ISO 100 and 105mm lens coverage angle (when guide numbers used to be based on 35 or 50mm lens coverage or Oly's 24mm coverage for the T-32/T-45).

ppps: Flash controlled auto mode can still be considered valuable in a digital world since it does not need the pre-flash now used by all for TTL measurement.

Dr. Flash

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Godox-External-Flash-Power-Pack-Back-Battery-PB820S-For-Canon-Nikon-Sony-Olympus-/131187103590?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123>