Re: [OM] Finding Vivian Maier

Subject: Re: [OM] Finding Vivian Maier
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:04:48 -0400
Beatrix Potter by any chance ? One of her famous characters is Peter Rabbit.

jh

On 1/10/2015 4:56 AM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everybody,

I haven't been reading OM digests/postings for at least a couple of months,
so I have no idea if this topic has been covered. If it has, my apologies for
going over it again.

I am not a cinema goer. The last previous film I saw was about 9 years ago
and it dealt with a famous UK female author (forget her name) who lived in
the Lake District and wrote about rabbits. I don't watch TV, nor do I read
novels.

So I don't have much relevant experience to draw upon when I say as I now
do, that this is a film that you should all watch at least once. Only 90 minutes
long.

John Maloof has done a wonderful job in putting all this together and
directing the film. His detective work has been thorough and astounding. Joel
Meyerowitz did a great job with commentary from a photographer standpoint.
But there is MUCH more to it than that.

It shows again at 2pm tomorrow - I might well see it again.  Only abut 12 in
the audience of the little 35-seat theatre; a big pity.

Cheers, Brian

---