Re: [OM] Satire on Satire

Subject: Re: [OM] Satire on Satire
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:13:27 +0100
In that train of thought, we'll soon see a ban on skirts, public homosexual
behavior, non-religious newspapers, unwanted news stories, etc.

All rights that don't have to be exercised, and do offend some people.
Where will it end?

And who is the judge of necessity? To diminish the expression of thoughts
in a cartoon as 'making fun' seems a very limited view in my opinion. I
think of a cartoon as a reflection on something in society that is worth
reflecting on. Would it be different if it was an offending book, picture,
protest-song,..?

Best, Frank