Re: [OM] OT: The Evil of Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: The Evil of Computers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:01:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>I tried repeatedly to install essential engineering CAD/CAE software on
>>Win7 with no success.  It won't even allow me to install MicroSim8, which
>>is an absolute must for me as it is my analogue network analysis software.
>>I was able to install AutoCAD 2000, but it blows up.  Same with
>>Pagemaker6.5.  That brings my engineering design and writing to a complete
>>halt.
>

>As I said, what works in WinXP can be installed under Win7 in the WinXP
>mode, you just need to have Win7 Pro (*).

    Sure, just fork over more money to make use of something that has no
guarantee of being rendered obsolete tomorrow.  Nice if you have unlimited
money, unlimited time, and unlimited patience.  I have less than none of that
last one.

     My solution is to maintain the Win7 hard drive for full internet access
and basic Microsoft applications, and the WinXP hard drive for everything
except full internet access.  No money was spent to do this, and all I had to
do was perform the needed upgrade maintenance on the Win7 hard drive, which
took almost two hours and three cups of coffee.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson