Re: [OM] PayPal scam

Subject: Re: [OM] PayPal scam
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:13:23 -0500
I haven’t seen this yet, but I’ll keep an eye out. Not that it would matter. I
would _never_ click on an email link that even hinted that something about my
account needed fixing.

Okay, slight correction. I have, in the past, received emails from several
vendors telling me that the credit card I have on file has passed its
expiration date. Usually, I know right away if this is true or not. If I think
it’s true, I go to the site via means other than any links provided and either
correct the expiration and security code information, or delete my account.
Can’t recall having had any of these recently. But earlier today, when I logged
in to iTunes for something, it flashed me a notice that I had to attend to my
method of payment before I could purchase anything.

This box did not appear until _after_ I had logged in with my user name and
password.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal