Re: [OM] Processing X-trans was Re: OT: Recent debate on crop v FF - Moo

Subject: Re: [OM] Processing X-trans was Re: OT: Recent debate on crop v FF - Moose
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 21:47:55 +0100

Le 20 janv. 15 à 06:19, Moose a écrit :

On 1/19/2015 6:59 AM, SwissPace wrote:
My experience differs but then as we are all different sometimes thats to be expected. I never got on with oly files after the E-1, I found this on sharpening X-trans files - I never knew about deconvolution built into the detail slider in lightroom but it makes handling fuji raw files much easier. certainly worth a read for all fuji shooters (and moose :-) )

<http://petebridgwood.com/wp/2014/10/x-trans-sharpening/>

Half a stop difference too, from what I can guess.

Thanks for putting this extra effort and for your honest clarification

Amities
Philippe

That makes a big difference! So close now that it's hard to tell which is better. The Oly image is still larger, and it's really hard to eliminate an apparent extra bit of detail in the larger one when flipping between them. I'm calling it a draw now, as I can find parts in each that look slightly better, and my eyes are tired <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/X-T1_E-M1_D750/FON.htm >.

Still, may put the lie to any advantage from the slightly larger sensor?

Tired Viewer Moose

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE