Re: [OM] OT: Recent debate on crop v FF

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Recent debate on crop v FF
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:08:51 -0800
<<Does it depend
<<in part on minute movement of the image on the sensor between shots?

That is my understanding. Even tiny movements on a tripod seem to be enough.

I wonder about IS.

<<They only cover two of the camera/lens combos I care about, E-M5 with 12-50
and
<<Panny 20/1.7

I know, I checked. I wondered if the software would qualify for a possible Moose free trial--prolly not. Still, an interesting approach. I think the software is overambitious as to the scope of the actions.

Hard to know, without trying it. And I was thinking of doing so, when I saw this on the Known bugs page, "*Patterns in output images* This problem is fixed for most of input RAW formats, but persists for ORF images." <http://photoacute.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.0.html>

I might say it's the cost, but it's more the time and effort of learning a new piece of software, balanced against the likely added value/utility. The samples look great, but if it doesn't work with ORF files, at least part of the time, and isn't profiled for the GX7, there seems little point.

Under Whelmed Moose