Re: [OM] OT Fuji Panorama question and no X-T1 for my, holidays

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Fuji Panorama question and no X-T1 for my, holidays
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 10:30:38 -0800
When I do a pano I scan the angular range of the pano with the camera to find
the brightest area.  I then
adjust the (fixed) exposure such that the brightest area does not have blown
highlights.  I then use that exposure throughout the pano.
Chuck I think that we have disagreed about this method before. It dates from prehistoric times:) Yes, a quick visual scan of the subject to preclude blown highlights but why set a fixed exposure guaranteed to give "blown" shadows in any dark areas? Just use AP Auto, -ev as needed. I spot specific areas as I take the pano to adjust exposure on the fly. It actually makes the blend easier. FWIW I use hugin outputting a 100% tif. Hugin is too slow on the tablet so I use MS-ICE as the best alternative.

(these options probably aren't available in a P'nS in PANO mode)

Mike