Re: [OM] (OT) Travel Insurance Knowledge

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Travel Insurance Knowledge
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 11:59:26 -0800
On 1/25/2015 10:05 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Bob, My wife researched the heck out of everything for our recent trip including trip insurance. Our homeowner's insurance doesn't cover much. I was able to schedule my camera gear but they won't do phones or computers beyond the basic.

In addition to providing 100% primary, no deductible collision damage, injury and death coverage in most of the world,, Amex Premium car rental coverage covers $5,000 of personal property from theft and accident damage. <https://www295.americanexpress.com/premium/car-rental-insurance-coverage/home.do>

What isn't absolutely clear to me is whether it covers theft of stuff in the car alone, when the car isn't stolen. The language isn't very specific. OTOH, it does specifically say it replaces rental company Personal Effects Coverage, which generally seems to cover your stuff fairly broadly, even away from the car.

Travelin' Moose