Re: [OM] IMG: St Exupery - Was Nathan's thread

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: St Exupery - Was Nathan's thread
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 07:45:00 +0100
Thanks all :-)

Philippe

Le 26 janv. 15 à 06:56, ChrisB a écrit :

I read the entry for P-38 and it doesn’t mention in the summary at the start that it was a virtual death trap. It had problems of compressiblity at high airspeed which the engineers did not solve until well after it came into service. I suppose the requirements of operations forced everyone's hand, but such an aircraft would not be allowed into service today.

I do know Honington, as you say. Unfortunately it’s not a full-time airfield now: it has been taken over by the RAF Regiment, and they don’t fly . . .

Chris