Re: [OM] Latest E-M5 II rumors

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest E-M5 II rumors
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:04:42 +0100
​ wrote:

> Whoever makes them, they make essentially identical images. In my recent
> FF vs. Fuji vs. µ4/3 comparison, I couldn't see a difference.

​I meant the differences in the sensor that would or would not allow the
new feature to include in a firmware of the E-M1.​ DxO states some
differences between the sensors, but they might only be visible in extreme
situations (or not at all ;-).

A similar situation may be the EFC feature added to the M1 in a firmware
> update. It's also in the M10, which has the M5 sensor, so one might imagine
> that it would be possible to add to the M5 through firmware, but they have
> not.

​True, although we can't be sure if there isn't some other hardware
requirement for EFC that the E-M5 cannot deliver.​ Maybe parallel access to
reset the sensor?