Re: [OM] Off topic batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Off topic batteries
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:24:06 -0500
  I suppose you are right, Chuck. I have a 2004 Honda CR-V with about 210K
miles on it. It is pretty un-fancy as far as electronics go, but I can
think of three things that are always on: digital clock (LCD), digital
odometer (LCD) and at least the volatile memory of the engine management
computer. It is hard to believe that these three items would draw enough
from the battery to shorten its life. The first two could run off the
electricity generated by a potato; the last I have no idea but I doubt it
takes much to keep the memory alive.

Charlie