[OM] IMGs: Phog Photos Phrom Phoenix

Subject: [OM] IMGs: Phog Photos Phrom Phoenix
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 08:28:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We rarely see fog here in the Phoenix area, the last time being about five
years ago.  After three days of light rain, cold temperatures, and no wind, fog
was inevitable.  It wasn't very dense before dawn, but it increased in density
as the atmosphere warmed up, meaning that the pre-dawn air temperature must
have been just below the dew point.  Here are a few photos taken near the
coffee shop that I frequent, right at the peak of the density:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/16418085592/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/16233115087/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/16419019915/

     We like to call this "Crawling Eye Weather", referring to the 1950's
sci-fi horror flick "The Crawling Eye" that starred Forrest Tucker and a couple
of Canberra bombers.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson