Re: [OM] IMGs: Phog Photos Phrom Phoenix

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Phog Photos Phrom Phoenix
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 11:24:50 -0800
On 2/1/2015 11:02 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
Eeery :-)

Now, this hardly qualifies as fog by my region's standards, where as
stated by others, you sometimes wonder if your house is still in the
same place when opening the shutters/blinds in the morning, sort of,
OMG they've stolen the garden ;-)

It can get pretty foggy here, thicker than Chris photos, but not as thick as on the top of the ridge. There I have at least a couple of times actually opened the driver's door in order to creep along follow the painted road center line until finding a less dense spot. One cannot even safely pull over to the side of the road, 'cause you can't see it or what may already be parked there.

Quite rare, but when you drive the same roads for 55 years, you see pretty much
everything that can happen on them.
Also means that Tuscon is NOT THAT dry ;-)
      Nope.  Tucson is not as dry as Phoenix, which in turn is nowhere near as
dry as Death Valley.

It was raining the last times I was in Tuscon. Spectacular thunderstorms as we worked our way down to the SE corner of Ariz. The secondary roads out there don't have bridges over the many arroyos, just signs at the dips warning of flash flood dangers. Fortunately, the one stream we had to cross in the dark up in the Chiricahuas wasn't too deep or running too fast.

Wet Feet Moose