Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/1/2015: the human face of the crisis

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/1/2015: the human face of the crisis
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 13:11:26 -0800
On 2/1/2015 12:23 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
OK guys, I just posted a couple of pictures. This is not a discussion forum on
the financial crisis.

I doubt it's possible to post such images and the brief story behind them
without getting reactions.

Suffice it to say that here in Spain, bankers are regarded as part of organised
crime, only less honest than the mafia.

Is it true? More so than elsewhere?

Even in medieval Europe, when Christian countries followed the biblical admonition through laws against charging interest, Jewish bankers were allowed to do so, so that the economies wouldn't collapse. (Yes, I know the history is complicated.)

"The bankers we shall always have with us." ??

Curious Moose