Re: [OM] The E-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon a day early from B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] The E-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon a day early from B&H
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 13:54:08 -0800
On 1/29/2015 10:30 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
My after-market grip doesn't cover the battery well but I usually leave a Manfrotto quick connect plate attached to the grip and that does partially cover the battery well. But the quick connect plate comes off quickly and without tools.

The E-M1 will not have this problem since the tripod socket is far enough off center that it doesn't cover the battery door.

First time I've heard of an off center tripod socket as an advantage. :-)

The E-M5's after-market grip attaches to the body's tripod socket and introduces a replacement socket that's closer to but still not on center.

I'm glad I nether want nor need an add-on grip; what a hassle!

Gripping, not Griping, Moose