Re: [OM] E-M5 II announced

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 II announced
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 15:46:46 -0500
A good point and agree but.....   As Dr. Flash is wont to say, there are always
two exposures.  With fill flash, shutter shock (if present to a significant
degree), could degrade the image
and 1/20th for max sync with EFC  is obviously an issue.  There seems to be a
rough correlation with shutter noise and shutter shock (SS), so that bodes well
for the E-M5 II but
it would be nice to see that confirmed.  With the E-P5 the SS is tremendous and
the firmware update with EFC  (0 sec anti-vibe) was a dramatic improvement but
there are still significant
limitations.

Fill flash fan for macro, student of Dr. Flash, Mike

Dr. Flash writes:

I have no idea why but don't think I'd be concerned, I'd just avoid EFC
when using flash.  I don't think re-introducing shutter shock is likely
to be detrimental to a flash picture.  Regardless of the shutter speed
the flash exposure will likely be much faster than the shutter and not
record the shutter vibration.  The ambient exposure of the background
will be much less important and, I suspect, not bothered by the shutter
shock in any material way.

A flash exposure using an E-M5 with anti-shock turned off could probably
answer the question but I don't feel like experimenting... too many
variables of shutter speed, flash exposure duration and ambient light
exposure.