Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm F2.0 With Fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm F2.0 With Fungus
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 06:38:35 -0500
Of all things, I have new front elements for that lens. Nothing else though. I think I have seen (1) 250 f2 for service in the last 15 years. Sold one to a list member. Much of the time, fungus can be cleaned off by rubbing with heavy rubbing of Ponds Cold Cream. Otherwise the elements are permanently etched. No new elements available, Olympus has surely dumped everything by now. Parts department in Hauppauge closes in a few weeks, they're moving everything to Pennsylvania. Since they closed all parts accounts (for not buying "enough") I haven't purchased anything. A nd small shops trying to buy digital parts are told "those parts are being reserved for Precision Camera subcontractor.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
www.zuiko.com  | omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Olympus OM Service since 1977