Re: [OM] IMG: Our 25th Anniversary

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Our 25th Anniversary
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:29:30 +0100

It's not only happening in the states, last October my youngest was playing in on the beach at the tides edge, he was loving this and very happy with me watching from a short distance, I was then asked "is that your little girl" before she added " you shouldn't let her play there she must be soaking wet " she said some other comments before I just shrigged and replied "but he is enjoying it", I guess hse hadn't noticed the waterproof trousers and didn't know the van was therewith a change of clothes to warm him up should he need to be.

Then this trip poor little Luc was at it again this time jumping along the big boulders that form flood protection on the sea front when another elderly lady took my wife to task for letting him do such dangerous activity and he may fall.

IanW - back from wales, busy at work but I just had to comment on the helicopter parenting especially as our kids are capable of walking to school alone from the age of 4 onwards (ok they have to wear HIVIZ and have correct instructions on dealing with strangers, plus there are usually other kids walking with them - Mind you I still worry a bit as years ago I read of the case of a 4 year old walking to school in Zuerich when he was attacked and killed by two Rottweilers that had escaped) - some photos coming soon from my recent holiday in Wales taken with the XT-1 they lent me

Chuck Norcutt <mailto:chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
7 February 2015 19:59
It all reminded me of this story <http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/20/living/feat-md-free-range-parents-under-attack/> Our world has gone a little (maybe a lot) wacko.

Chuck Norcutt