Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm F2.0 With Fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm F2.0 With Fungus
From: Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 05:05:07 -0800

Here is another comment on the 250mm F2 lens:

Re: OM 250mm f2.0
Albert,
I own the old manual-focus Zuiko 350/2.8.  According to published reports, NASA
tested then selected the Zuiko 250/2 for
earth-observation photography during shuttle missions.  Their tests
determined it to be the sharpest telephoto lens they had ever tested at
that time.  It's only drawback is the weight.  If you can find a
well-preserved specimen for a good price, buy it.  Optically, that lens
is  as good any manual-focus telephoto ever made.  I use my old Zuiko
350 regularly on my E-510 and it outperforms all of my newer Zuiko
E-System zoom lenses.  I do not own nor have I ever compared it to the
image quality produced by the ED 150 or ED 300 lenses.  I'm sure those
new auto-focus lenses with digital-specific design would win a shootout
but their prices are way beyond my reach these days.  So I'm happy to
manually focus with my 350.  I find that I pay more attention to
composition with manual focus lenses and I typically end up with a
higher percentage of keepers.
Mark
<<<<<