Re: [OM] Interesting !

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting !
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:04:38 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     My skepticism is due to thinking that as the realm of electronic micro
devices progress is usually in terms of doubling the density with each step.
But for imaging sensors, it means a doubling in both axes, meaning a
quadrupling.  That would equate to 32MP or 40MP based on the E-500 and
E-510/520.

Chris

>Well, it will have more pixels to play with, so I should think so, Chris
>
>Chris
>
>> On 25 Feb 15, at 13:11, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> http://camyx.com/rumors/2015/02/first-olympus-e-m1-mark-ii-rumors/
>>> <http://camyx.com/rumors/2015/02/first-olympus-e-m1-mark-ii-rumors/>
>>>

>>     18 megapickles?  That should improve the resolution in RAW, but will it
>> offer any
>>improvement when boiled down to 2M JPEG?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson