Re: [OM] Monochrome Experiments

Subject: Re: [OM] Monochrome Experiments
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:16:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      I just finished a preliminary experiment with the E-500, taking TIFF
>> colour plus TIFF
>>and ORF B&W photos of the Clauss & Meusel (C&M) test star.  I then took a
>>series of TIFF B&W
>>photos of the test star using red (W25), orange (W15), yellow (W9), and green
>>(W11) glass
>>Wratten filters.  I then did comparisons in the Olympus software to keep
>>everything kosher.
>
>Oops. Olympus software applies the in-camera settings to the
>in-computer view. That's why the in-camera TIFFs look like the ORFs.
>Open them up in another raw converter and you'll see the differences.

     Oh, bugger.  I don't have anything other than the Olympus software for
viewing ORF files.  So, I opened the unfiltered ORF image in Olympus Viewer and
the unfiltered TIFF image in Gimp and flipped back and forth.  Then I opened
the unfiltered TIFF image in Olympus Viewer and again flipped back and forth.
All three looked the same.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson