Re: [OM] Interesting !

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting !
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:10:10 -0500
If you will but allow yourself to play with raw files for a while you will discover that you don't actually have to relearn what took you so long to learn with film and filters... all you have to do is twist the digital dials until you get an image that pleases you. Who cares whether it matches a particular Wrattan filter or not? You can also redo the same image in many different ways if you desire.

As I said earlier, turn off all the auto stuff that messes with color or contrast and set the white balance to daylight. Then you'll have a color shot which the Oly software will portray as an image having been taken with color film in daylight. You can then choose either an alternate white balance or adjust it to anything you'd like including many options that can't be done with film or filters.

Chuck Norcutt