Re: [OM] Blue and Black or white and gold?

Subject: Re: [OM] Blue and Black or white and gold?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:24:03 -0600
People are getting all bent out of shape over nothing. I've seen 4
different copies of that photo now, all four looked different.

Nobody is taking into account the poor lighting of the original subject,
the obviously crappy camera, poor WB, whatever gymnastics the jpeg
converter in the camera did, whatever data manipulation/"optimization" was
done by the Instagram or whatever the original upload site's mechanisms
did, the color balance of your monitor, the resolution of your monitor, how
many iterations of that image have been copied through how many different
services, all of which modify the image data....

We all know how different a given image can appear through different
viewing media. The only way to truly determine what your eyes see is to see
the damn thing in person, in the original light.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:29 AM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have read that explanation too, just hard to believe the big differences
> in our brain's color interpretation.
>
> C.H.Ling
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Geilfuss" <
> charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
>

>  The people in the lab were talking about this when I came in to work. Good
>> explanation here:
>>
>>              http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/
>>
>> Charlie
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 11:09 AM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  There is an interesting discussion going on the Internet.
>>>
>>> http://www.businessinsider.com/white-and-gold-black-and-
>>> blue-dress-2015-2
>>>
>>> Here is the votes in our house -
>>>
>>> Blue and Black - me, my wife and our young son.
>>>
>>> White and gold - our elder son.
>>>
>>> One survey says 75% see white/gold and 25% see blue/black, I never
>>> thought
>>> this would happen.
>>>

>>> C.H.Ling
>>>

> --