Re: [OM] blue gold or whatever

Subject: Re: [OM] blue gold or whatever
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:53:44 -0500
No! No! Arrrrggggggg! Improper use of begging the question. Begging the
question refers to circular reasoning and stands alone. No question follows
begging the question. All of this _raises_ some questions . . . etc. Wikipedia:
Begging the question means “assuming the conclusion (of an argument)", a type
of circular reasoning. This is an informal fallacy where the conclusion that
one is attempting to prove is included in the initial premise of an argument,
often in an indirect way that conceals this fact.

Sorry. It’s my most persistent language neurosis. Chris B has his pluperfect
and I have my begging questions. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal