Re: [OM] IMG: a lunch in the countryside

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: a lunch in the countryside
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 10:01:00 -0500
Hummm . . . cough! cough! . . . another itty bitty nit to pick: use of word
“like” tells us that the word following is not included in the category, which
in your case, “like ‘unique’”, it certainly is. In such constructions the
correct phrase is “such as”, which includes the term or terms following.
“Misuse of words such as ‘unique’ or ‘literally . . .” Clumsy sounding
sometimes, and a bit snobby though, I’ll give it that. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal