Re: [OM] Havana

Subject: Re: [OM] Havana
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 08:20:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>>Here are the coco-taxis:
>>>
>>>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/159328512
>>>

>>      Delightfully colourful, typical of Caribbean culture.  And they have
>> seats for three, or maybe two Germans.  :{b
>>
>>      I assume that they are mostly made of fiberglass.
>>

>Yes, a fiberglass shell over a motorcycle.

     That's a nice adaptation of available materials.  I sometimes converse
with a broadcast engineer there who hosts a shortwave listening programme on
Radio Habana.  Radio amateurs down there are very adept at making use of
discarded vacuum tube televisions to make their equipment.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson