Re: [OM] OT: wiring a Cat 5 cable to a wall plate

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: wiring a Cat 5 cable to a wall plate
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 17:51:03 +0000
Brian

I was lazy and I merely screwed the faceplate to the wall, without a box
behind.   I had a small hole into which the back of the socket fitted without
too much heaving.  I had already secured the Cat 6 cable to the back of the
faceplate with a cable-binder.  I’ve just received a testing kit to check my
connections; the connection works fine, but I now know that you can have a
connection that is not perfect, that there is some redundancy in both telephone
and Ethernet cable connections.

Chris