Re: [OM] Viewfinders exhibition in Brussels, 1-31 May

Subject: Re: [OM] Viewfinders exhibition in Brussels, 1-31 May
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:11:07 -0500
Yes, "stunning" is a good description.

Chuck Norcutt

On 3/2/2015 12:58 PM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
The second image is stunning, Nathan. I'm sure a monochrome version would
be nice, but the slight lavender glow at the gates makes the image for me.

Charlie

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Even though I left Brussels in 2000 (after living there for 5 years), I
have remained a member of Viewfinders, the English-language photography
club. This May, we will have a group exhibition in a very central location,
Halles Saint-Géry. The space is limited to about 50 images, so I was very
pleased to have two images selected. They will be printed 50x75cm. The
theme of the exhibition is:

A “Love Story” - Of Brussels and suburbs, in the spirit of  "I am not a
tourist. This is my home and it fascinates me to be here". Show why
Brussels is such a special place for you, as a (foreign) resident
(including Belgians not from Brussels! ☺) or as “nen echte Brusseleir”.
Express some special aspect, show you know it better than the average
person. Express this through a strong image that makes a statement!
(Definitely NOT “Brussels viewed through the eyes of an Ex-pat”!)

Brussels is of course no longer my home, but I am there so often that it
FEELS like my second home. The two images that I will be exhibiting are:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/uploads/2014/50_6.jpg <
http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/uploads/2014/50_6.jpg>

and a monochrome version of this one:
http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/uploads/2014/50_9.jpg <
http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/uploads/2014/50_9.jpg>

If you are in Brussels in May, do visit—the work at our group exhibitions
is always of a very high standard, and the location is great—close to
Grand’ Place, with many nice bars and restaurants within walking distance.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain