Re: [OM] OT: wiring a Cat 5 cable to a wall plate

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: wiring a Cat 5 cable to a wall plate
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 14:42:14 -0500
Next thing you know, the discussion will veer off into "white baluns".

Michael

On 15-03-04 10:08 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
Oh yes, I remember thick Ethernet. My desk was at the far end of the office
network, always the first port of call for the IT guy working back to find
where the network had fallen over. Regularly. Progressed from that satellite
office to the "mother-ship" where Token-ring ruled.

But what's wrong with co-ax - surely it works for 10BASE2 just fine? (Tongue
in cheek, waiting for the riposte)

Piers