[OM] Paul's PAW

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 12:47:31 -0500
OK, I was running in 47 different directions last week, so I haven't had
time to get anything new processed and uploaded. But I recently uploaded a
few from the benefit for St. Jude Hospital in Jimi Jamison's memory I
attended in Memphis last October, so they'll have to do for right now.

First one is of musician Michael "Tunes" Antunes, a sax player in John
Cafferty's band. He was a longtime friend of Jimi Jamison's, and insisted
on being there to perform in Jimi's honor. A number of the guest stars were
interviewed on video for the event, so there were already lights set up. I
took advantage and grabbed this shot. Tunes is a solid, classy guy, and was
a genuine, loyal longtime friend of Jimi's.

Next two are of my friend Gwen. Gwen had known Jimi since they were both in
their teens, had been a friend throughout the years, but in recent years
had finally become his girlfriend. If you remember any of the photos of the
day I spent running around Memphis with Gwen and Jimi from a couple of
years ago, she was the one who organized it. At the time, I only knew she
was a friend - I only discovered the actual girlfriend part afterwards. So,
I didn't think of getting a photo of the two of them together that day, and
Life didn't allow another day to hang out before he suddenly passed away.
It's always been one of my big regrets. So, as long as lights were set up,
and there was a banner in the background with Jimi's photo on it, I dragged
Gwen over and had her pose so I could put JJ's photo over her shoulder. I
promised her I wasn't bringing her over to be interviewed, but the
videographer had other ideas. So, I took advantage of the opportunity to
get a few candids before she punched me.

If you're familiar at all with the lyrics to the Survivor song "The Search
is Over" (which Jimi sang), it pretty much describes their story (Jimi had
been married twice over the years, was estranged from his second wife for
20 years and was to file for divorce the day after he passed away):

"I was always reaching
You were just a girl I knew
I took for granted
The friend I had in you

I was living for a dream
Loving for the moment
Taking on the world
That was just my style
Now I look into your eyes
I can see forever
The search is over, you were with me all the while"

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie