Re: [OM] E-1 and E-3 comparative portrait picture

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 and E-3 comparative portrait picture
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:45:17 -0500
> Those two shots are not comparisons - ISO, f stops, speed etc might be so
> different - where's the exif svp :-)

>> Another vote for the first one. I hope they both uses the same lens,
>> otherwise it's a confounding variable you're introducing into the picture
>> (har har). Less saturation, and softer skin tone, as I see it.

Yes, different lenses. Both were set to aperture priority.

Siddiq already knows which one is which, because of an off-list
conversation. But the less saturated picture was taken using the far
contrastier lens. Getting the two cameras to come close to matching,
in terms of overall saturation, is about 20 points in Lightroom.

Yet, one of the two cameras absolutely did not capture the red in her
hair no matter how much you crank up the volume.

It's easier to tone down a portrait than crank it up.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx