Re: [OM] OT anti - virus prog.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT anti - virus prog.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:19:56 -0400
I also use MS Security Essentials on Win7. I figure that no one has any stronger motivation to protect Windows than Microsoft.

As to banking, as I described here probably several months ago, I took our old Dell XP laptop and installed Win7 64 bit on a small 120GB SSD. The only websites this machine knows about are our two banks and 2 investment houses plus, of course, Microsoft for updates.

I had toyed with using a Cromebook or Linux machine for security but both were defeated by my desire to print financial stuff. Printing with Chromebook requires going to the "cloud" and back down again which I thought was downright silly as well as being a security risk. I couldn't get any of the several Linux distros to play nicely with either of my 3 printers. I finally concluded that a truly dumb Windows machine was the best and simplest solution.

Chuck Norcutt