Re: [OM] IMG: Selfie in Veñales

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Selfie in Veñales
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 01:25:48 -0700
On 3/12/2015 11:27 PM, ChrisB wrote:
No, Moose, it’s a horrible idea: that you have to be able to photograph
yourself in your surroundings.  Just take your surroundings . . .

I saw several tourists around the Palace of Westminster yesterday walking along
with these blasted things in front of them; they had little idea of their
surroundings as they were concentrating on the video gizmo on their stick!

Did you actually look at the image I posted? The camera on the stick is facing away from her. She is using it as an extension to hold the camera closer to her subject while framing with the LCD. That's the point, as hinted at by the title.

OTOH, as a person carrying two cameras, I am not infrequently assumed to be expert and asked to take pix of tourists with their camera/phones, so they may all be in the shot, usually with some famous or interesting background. How is that different? As the human equivalent of a selfie stick, should I be ashamed of myself?

Last weekend, it was fun when a bunch of Oriental women tourists posed themselves all in a row sitting on a log and I helped them get the shot. They were having such a lot of fun.

Pointed Away From Moose