Re: [OM] File losses

Subject: Re: [OM] File losses
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:19:30 +0000 (UTC)
Sorry to hear that, Brian.  I save all the camera cards, but then I don't shoot
thousands of photos.

----- Original Message -----From: bj@brianswale.comTo:
olympus@thomasclausen.netSent: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 23:45:55 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
[OM] File losses

Hi all, Brian here. Coming out of rare lurk mode for a moment.

I have just confirmed a suspicion I had for a while. I wanted to use an image
that I have uploaded to Zone 10, and discovered that it just could not be found
anywhere on my computer hard drive. OK, I thought, I have two backup disks,
I'll check there.

Well tough biccy for me. The first one was before the images were made, and the
second one is fairly recent, obviously AFTER the images vanished.

Can I go back to an earlier Windows restore point and save them to a CD, then
revert back to the current date for normal operations.

Well, no, I had deleted a huge number of files I wanted off my HDD, then
emptied the recycle bin, then cleared the now vacant space ( which would
include my lost files) with a very good disk cleaner program named ERASER.

They will be gone for sure.

I have set up a program called CHKDSK on this drive and periodically it tells
me on boot-up that it needs to check the disk and sometimes finds, and
corrects, mis-named / catalogued files.

I might get rid of it.

Some of the files are on Zone 10;

See from http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9073for about 6 files to
the right.

And all of the E3 files on my Harbingers of Spring directory there.

All is not totally lost; I have found a way to download and save the maxed-out
files on Zone 10. But I feel gutted; many many images have been lost, and I
can't remember most of them.

Cheers, Brian

software.http://www.avast.com

http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/private/olympus/Themed Olympus Photo