Re: [OM] IMG: Selfie in Veñales

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Selfie in Veñales
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 12:29:51 -0700
On 3/13/2015 4:19 AM, ChrisB wrote:
No, I assumed that it was pointing towards her, as had all the tourists I saw.

Had it been so, she would have had images of herself all scrunched up against empty blue sky. In fact, I suspect she was making a macro movie.

But I was addressing the principle of sticks protruding in front of people.

Somehow, I got that. ;-) That's why I though this one so different. In addition to the GoPro on a stick, one may see a smallish camera with viewfinder hanging around her neck, perhaps a MILC or advanced fixed lens. She was very engaged in what she was doing, away from and ignoring what anyone else was doing. I imagined she was or was working on becoming an accomplished photographer/videographer.

A human is not a selfie-stick, Moose.

Whew!

A human, even with a big hat (:-)) has eyes and avoids hitting objects or
people.

Most of the time, but I'm content if I just manage not to fall over or off
things. :-)

Sure Foot Moose