Re: [OM] File losses

Subject: Re: [OM] File losses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 11:38:18 -0700
On 3/15/2015 6:17 AM, Brian Gray wrote:
    Moose wrote:
    <
I am ecstatic to have 64 GB cards. I can spend a month on vacation without havin
g to change cards in my two active cameras. One less hassle, one more back-up.
Some years ago, before the cloud back-up option appeared, an enthusiastic photog
rapher friend lost his digital camera with sole card at knife point outside his
clifftop hotel in Rio on the last day of a holiday!

If you read the whole post, you would know that I would have lost only images taken that day. More likely, you did read it and just had to tell the story anyway. :-)

I don't consider the cloud an adequate back-up option for anything but a few phone snaps. I am far too often doing extensive shooting where there is no connection to the web and large numbers of large image files mean endless uploads and expensive storage.

Back Up Moose