Re: [OM] IMG: my offspring on Tri-X

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: my offspring on Tri-X
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 10:17:09 -0500
On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Totally irrationally, I still shoot the occasional roll of 35mm film; and
> last weekend in London, I finished a roll of Tri-X in my Bessa R2M. Tri-X
> and a collapsible 50mm Summicron from the early 1950s—doesn’t get much more
> classical that this!
>
> Despite the excellence of my digital cameras, film still has something “je
> ne sais quoi”. While my wife was raiding Oxford Street last Sunday, the
> children and I escaped to a pub in a side street. Both of these images were
> taken wide open and at slowish shutter speeds:
>
> The first-born:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Sometimes-I-use-film/7590141_5KmXsg#!i=3931714632&k=CjCZfFS&lb=1&s=O
>
> The No. 1 Daughter:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Sometimes-I-use-film/7590141_5KmXsg#!i=3931714642&k=3cGN7Fp&lb=1&s=O

Nicely done. While we have no offspring of our own, I've really started to
recognize the value of family portraits and am really regretting my earlier
tendency to take them for granted and to not force myself to ask for
photos. I really started when Dad was in his final days... too late for Mom
and the grandparents, however.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie